In this section, you will learn how to set up and sync invoices within your QuickBooks Online (QB) subscription. First, we will walk through the setup and configuration of QBO, then we will work with invoices and syncing data from Boostlingo into QBO. It is important to note that only a Root Admin can set up and edit QBO integrations.
To get started, login with your admin credentials at app.boostlingo.com, and go to Configuration > Company > Integrations.
- Click Edit. Choose either QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. Click Next. Note: This guide is intended for Boost Partners that are using QuickBooks Online version, but the same steps can be followed to set up an Enterprise Version of QuickBooks.
The next few screens will guide you through the setup process. Please follow the online wizard and have your QBO credentials ready.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks as shown in step 1 below.
- This will launch the login page in your default web browser. Enter your QB admin credentials and click Sign In.
- If the credentials are accepted, you will see the screen below. Click Connect.
- If the integration is successful, you will see a confirmation window as below. Click Close.
Now that the basic integration is complete, it is time to map your Client Accounts and Vendors (i.e., Interpreters). You will also need to map service types to Items and Classes in QB. Below is a description of each setting.
- Add New Customer to QuickBooks on Invoice Export – if set to “yes” this will automatically create a new customer in QB if one is not found or mapped accordingly.
- Add New Vendors to QuickBooks on Invoice Export – if set to “yes” this will automatically create a new vendor in QB if one is not found or mapped accordingly.
- Use rate break down while generating invoices – creates a line item per rate that is applied for Appointments and Calls.
- Time Zone – select the time zone in which your company does business.
Next you will map your appointment type to your QB Items and Classes. Select from the dropdown or check the box to customize for each appointment type.
Next you will be able to map Call types to QB Items and Classes in the same way. You may choose to select a general category of Services, or you can check the Customize box and map as either OPI or VRI.
Follow the same process to map Expenses.
When you’re finished, click Next to complete the setup.
Once the integration has been completed, you can now access and edit these settings from a few different screens. The first is via the same method for the initial integration, Configuration > Company > Integrations. Once open, you will see a similar screen as the one you had previously accessed to set up the initial integration.
Additionally, you can access the settings from an individual Client Account or Interpreter profile. To see which accounts or interpreters are mapped to QB, click on the respective tab in the Members module and you will see a hyperlink in the QuickBooks column.
- Click on the icon to open the account in QuickBooks.
- To edit the settings for one specific client account, open the account viewer and go to the Integrations tab.
- Click Edit to change any of the settings established in the initial integration.
- Make the edits and then click Save Changes.
This is the same process you will use to edit the mapping for Interpreters; however, you will only be able to change the “Map to” option for interpreters.
Once you have completed the QuickBooks integration and customized your settings, you are now able to sync Boostlingo Invoices to QB. See the above section on Invoicing for instructions on creating invoices and uploading to QB.
If you will be using QuickBooks for your invoicing, you are able to configure the invoice numbers from Boostlingo to sync with the numbering sequence you have in QB. See our Invoice Number Sequencing guide for instructions.