The following are common issues that may be incurred when connecting with an interpreter via a Zoom virtual meeting.
The interpreter cannot hear me: Ensure that your audio settings are correct within Zoom. To check this, open the main Zoom window, then select the Setting cog. Once in the settings menu, select Audio. Check the current Speaker and Microphone settings and also test these devices to ensure that they are functioning properly.
I cannot hear the interpreter: In instances where you cannot hear the interpreter, please double-check your audio settings within Zoom as well as your system to ensure that you can hear other sounds and alerts.
If using internal interpreters: Please have the interpreters check their audio settings within Zoom
If using the Boostlingo Professional Interpreter Network: please fill out the Interpreter Quality Assurance Incident Report form located HERE.
The Interpreter has not joined the meeting: Please note that it may take up to 2 minutes for an interpreter to join the meeting. If the interpreter has not joined after 2 minutes, check to ensure that the following settings are correct:
- Ensure that the Waiting Room feature is disabled, click HERE for instructions on doing so.
- Check to see if the meeting is locked. If so, unlock the meeting.
- Ensure that the requestor is a member of a language policy and service type policy that correlates with that of the interpretation services requested.
I received the email “Zoom Issue Connecting – Something went wrong…”
- If the invitation was not sent properly, click HERE for a walkthrough to ensure the proper settings are in place when initiating the invite.
- This error message is usually incurred if the requestor/client does not have the correct language or service type permissions to route successfully to an interpreter. Please check the aforementioned policies within Account Viewer under the Features tab for the account that the requestor/client is a member of to ensure that a call can be placed with the requested language pair and service type.