1. Ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for using Boostlingo.
2. Make sure you are using a recommended browser: Google Chrome, MS Edge, or Firefox.
3. Ensure that your browser is up-to-date:
4. Make sure that camera and microphone access are enabled in the browser:
5. Hard refresh your browser.
- On PC: hold down Ctrl + Shift + R.
- On Mac: hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift and press R.
6. Clear the cache and cookies in your browser.
- Instructions for Chrome
- Instructions for Edge:
- Instructions for Firefox:
7. Turn your computer off and on again. It seems simple, but it clears out any frozen processes that might be bogging down your computer.
8. Check your network and signal strength. Do other websites load? Run the network test at www.speedtest.net
Note: A network that initially passes the speed test may still experience moments of slow connection.
9. Run the Twilio network test to ensure that your system is not blocking the calls: https://networktest.twilio.com. If the Twilio test fails it is most likely because of firewall settings or, in the absence of a firewall, other blocks put in place by your Internet Service provider. Please reach out to your LSC admin (if you are an interpreter) or Account Manager (if you are an LSC admin) to request our IP provisioning sheet for overcoming these blocks.
10. If using a headset, test calls with vs. without your headset.
11. Determine if your computer is operating slower than usual.
- On PC: open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Are any of the metrics running over 60-70%?
On Mac: open the Activity Monitor (Command + Spacebar, type “Activity Monitor”, when Activity Monitor appears in the results hit Return). Check Your CPU, Memory and Disk usage. Is anything running high?
- Troubleshooting: Call is not connecting
- Selecting your Audio & Video Devices on Web
- Minimum Requirements
If you have passed all of these steps and are still having trouble with Boostlingo:
For interpreters: please let your LSC admin know about this issue so that they can escalate to Boostlingo support. Please provide the following information for faster resolution:
- A screenshot of the Twilio test proving that your computer has passed
- A screenshot of your speed test results
- A screenshot of your computer's hardware specs
- Any relevant information to failed calls: Call IDs, description, screenshot of the call.
- Console logs taken when the call was not connecting.
For LSC admins: Please reach out to Boostlingo support with the above information. If you do not know how to get in touch with support, please reach out to your Account Manager and they will assist.
For requestors: please provide the above information to your LSC admin and Boostlingo Support for troubleshooting.