Zoom for OPI integration with the Boostlingo platform offers a unique way for interpreters to join an ongoing Zoom session. Whether accessing internal interpreter teams managed by the LSC or the Boostlingo Professional Interpreter Network, Boostlingo’s routing engine will find the appropriate resources and automatically dial an interpreter to join your next session.
Clients can add one of 15,000 live on-demand interpreters, speaking more than 250 languages, to their next Zoom meeting. Need another interpreter? With Zoom for OPI integration in the Boostlingo platform, clients can add multiple interpreters to the Zoom virtual meeting!
Our interpreters are medically and legally trained. Connecting with one of our interpreters is secure, meeting the high demands of the health care, legal, and finance industries and can be accomplished in just seconds.
- Zoom for OPI integration requires Zoom Pro, Zoom Business, or Zoom Enterprise. Zoom Basic (non-paid) is not supported.
- This feature needs to be enabled for the account by the LSC admin. Only a specific list of languages created by an LSC admin can be used. Please contact your LSC admin to request additional languages.
- Scheduled OPI calls are not yet supported.
- Zoom for VRI (Video Remote Interpretation) is now an available option when configuring the Zoom integration. To learn more about the Zoom for VRI feature, please reach out to your Account Manager.
Waiting room disabled: After connecting to a Zoom virtual meeting, ensure that the Waiting Room feature is set to disabled. This will remove a barrier of entry that may prevent the interpreter from joining the meeting. More information on how to disable this feature can be found HERE.
Add interpreter to the call first: Consider adding the interpreter to the virtual meeting prior to the other party joining the meeting. Those that speak limited English may find it soothing to have someone in the virtual meeting from the beginning who can help them communicate.
Avoid cross-talk: Cross-talk can make it difficult to track what is happening and understand what is being conveyed during a virtual meeting. Consider pausing for a moment to allow a clear break when speaking or listening to the interpreter. This eliminates any overlapping conversations that may be difficult to track.
Conducting a test? From time to time, you may want to conduct a test to ensure that the audio/video settings are correct. Once connected with an interpreter, simply mention that you are conducting a test call and attempt to end the dialog within the first 30 seconds.
- Language Availability: 250-plus
- Hours of Operations:
24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Note: Select languages are only supported between the hours of 8 am – 8 pm
Monday-Friday (EST). More information regarding these select languages can be found HERE.
Please note that audio interpreters are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Some select languages are only supported between the hours of 8 am – 8 pm Monday-Friday (EST). More information regarding these select languages can be found HERE.
Already set up? Click HERE for a step-by-step guide on how to add an audio interpreter to your Zoom meeting.